I love the look of these veggie bowls 😍
And I love knowing that I am giving my body the tools it needs to fight off any bugs during cold and flu season.
This bowl takes some prep, and a lot of roasting.
▪️ broccoli chopped
▪️ Sweet potatoes chopped
▪️ mushrooms sliced
▪️purple cabbage (in a pan) diced
▪️chickpeas (instant pot or use a can)
▪️cooked quinoa as the base
▪️tofu or tempeh (in a pan with soy sauce or tamari)
- Roast broccoli, sweet potato, and mushrooms on a pan with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast at 350 for approx. 30 minutes or until they are all cooked and sweet potatoes are soft.
- Slice cabbage and roast in pan with olive oil, s+p until soft, remove from pan.
- Slice up cubes of firm tofu (or tempeh), roast in pan with oil and tamari or soy sauce drizzled on.
- Make quinoa in pot, 1 cup quinoa to 2 cups water, add salt and pepper.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl, top with avocado and drizzle with chipotle lime sauce (ingredients below).
Chipotle Lime Sauce
▪️Chop up chipotle chilies in adobo sauce ( in Mexican section at grocery store)
▪️squeeze 2 limes
▪️a squirt of mayonnaise (or can sub with cashew cream this for a vegan bowl)
▪️a generous amount of olive oil
▪️salt and pepper
▪️a small drizzle of Maple syrup
▪️add all ingredients to a mason jar, shake up and drizzle onto bowl.