In this blog post and video below we will be covering:
- What is metabolic balance?
- How is this program different than other weight loss programs?
- Who is this program for?
- How does the program work?
- What is included in my package?
- How do I get started?
Here is the video if you’d rather watch than read 👇
What is Metabolic Balance?
Metabolic Balance is a nutritional program that consists of 4 phases, and 8 rules, and was initially designed to help people with metabolic issues such as heart disease or diabetes, but everyone on the plan was losing weight. The program was developed by health professionals in Germany in the 80’s and has been a successful tool for hundreds of thousands of people internationally.
How is this program different from other weight loss plans?
Other weight loss programs or diets are typically one size fits all, but every individual is different and has their own set of needs when it comes to health. With this program, your blood is taken, where over 20 individual blood markers are taken into account when your specific meal plan is created. The Metabolic Balance head office is in Germany, where your results are sent and your personalized program is created. That program is then sent to me, your coach, and we work together closely for 3-4 months while you make the changes, and I answer questions, and guide you to your goals. This plan is not created for quick and easy results (although you may see results quickly), but it is designed to improve your health and be a sustainable way of eating and living for the rest of your life. Metabolic balance has more long term success than many other weight loss plans and diets out there because it is truly sustainable.
Who is this Program for?
This program is for you if you are:
- Looking to lose weight, especially if you are trying other things and those other things that used to work just aren’t working anymore. We will rebalance your metabolism.
- Wanting to stop your cravings and eat better, healthier foods
- Are experiencing any metabolic conditions like: type 2 diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, or obesity
- Want more energy throughout your day
- Needing to balance your hormones
- Struggling with fertility (with women and men – because men’s health plays a massive role as well)
- Struggling with challenging menopause or peri-menopause symptoms
- Not sleeping well
- Experiencing skin issues such as acne, rosacea, psoriasis or eczema
- Have any digestive issues
- The list goes on!
How does the Metabolic Balance program work?
The key to success in this program is following 4 phases and 8 rules. It might sound like a lot, but if we are working together, I break it down and walk you through every phase and rule making it much more manageable.
Phase 1 – Prep Phase
Goal: to prepare the body for the conversion, and help eliminate food cravings.
Lasts 2 days, full evacuation of the bowels, clear out your intestines.
Phase 2 – Strict Conversion Phase
Goal: converting the body to the best food choices for you (based on your blood work). This phase lasts for at least 2 weeks, or more until you’ve reached your goal weight (or close to)
Phase 3 – Relaxed Conversion Phase
Goal: Stabilize body weight, maintenance, easing off on rules, more freedom with food choices, can add in treat meals, which can make this way more sustainable. Lasts for several weeks until weight has stabilized.
Phase 4 – Maintenance Phase
Goal: This is normal, everyday life, following the 8 rules as much as possible but also incorporating new foods and learning how to listen to your body and see how it reacts to certain foods.
- Eat 3 meals a day, no snacks (the idea behind this one is that if your blood sugar is stable, and you are eating the right foods and amounts, you will not be hungry between your meals, also your insulin rises as you eat to deal with incoming food and glucose, and when you are not eating, that is a rest for your system which is much needed.
- Minimum 5 hour gap between meals – when insulin levels drop very low, that is when fat can be burned. If you are eating 5-7 snacks and meals each day, your insulin levels will remain stable, which can actually block the production of hormones, which protect the body from inflammation and aging.
- Meals are 1 hour max – so if you start your breakfast at 8, finish by 9 at the latest. This also helps promote being present when eating a meal, as opposed to eating while working or eating on the go and your digestion will be better because of it.
- Begin each meal with a couple bites of protein – when the stomach receives protein 1st, the pancreas releases the hormone glucagon, which blocks insulin production AND triggers the feeling of satiety (which will reduce cravings).
- Eat only 1 type of protein per meal – each protein has an individual breakdown of amino acids, these amino acids are crucial for our bodies to function. Choosing a different protein for each meal will also ensure that you are getting a wide variety of amino acids.
- Don’t eat after 9pm (if possible), if you are shift worker, we can work out an individual schedule for you.
- Drinking enough water for your body weight – water helps cleanse and detox our body, if we aren’t drinking enough for our body, you might get backed up, constipated, or have poor digestion. When you’re drinking enough, the waste in your body is properly eliminated and your metabolism will run smoother, and you can even achieve your weight loss goals more efficiently.
- Eating a daily apple – lowers cholesterol and uric acid, contains a variety of vitamins, minerals and fiber which can help remove those harmful waste products on your body.
What is included if I invest in this program?
- 6 x 1:1 appointments (30-60 minutes each), this will span over 3-4 months until you’ve reached your goals
- Comprehensive medical blood lab testing through lifelabs
- Individualized Metabolic Balance ® food plan created by the medical professionals in Germany
- Unlimited support from me while we are working together
- Access to our private Facebook group
- Access to MB friendly recipes including over 30 recipes
- 15% off all supplements (purchased through Fullscript)
How do I get started?
If you are interested or want to learn more and find out if this program is for you, you can send me an email, or book a free 30 minute call with me. Once you decide that you want to go ahead with the program, I can get you started immediately, send you the requisition to get your blood taken at a lifelabs location local to you. And once your blood is taken, we can have your results and plan in about 1 week and then start scheduling your 1:1 appointments with me.
Thanks for your Interest, and I can’t wait to hear from you and help you achieve your health goals!